Today's letter from the Editor
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...
Page 3 Profile: Daniel Kawczynski, mp
Until recently he was known simply as the country’s tallest MP, but Daniel Kawczynski (6ft 8in) is also the first openly bisexual parliamentarian. The 41-year-old Tory (pictured in a charity race) revealed his sexuality – and that he had a male partner – at a meeting of his Shrewsbury constituency’s Conservative Party Association.
How did it go down?
He was given a standing ovation. “They have been very supportive and kind, which obviously I appreciate greatly,” the Polish-born politician said. “It is very important to show the youngsters that it is perfectly acceptable and normal to be open about your sexual preferences. I have always been with women. Now, I have met a guy.”
Is he a new bi-sexual icon?
Pleasing though the move may be to members of the LGBT community, there are elements of Kawczynki’s politics that are more typically Conservative. He is a leading member of the Christian-based, right-wing, Tory Cornerstone group and a practising Catholic. Both of which make him less likely to fully embrace the progressive agenda. He did, however, vote in favour of same sex marriage.
Why do I recognise him?
He appeared on Location, Location, Location with his then wife after being elected in 2005.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders