Today's letter from the Editor
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Page 3 Profile: Daniel Kawczynski, mp
Until recently he was known simply as the country’s tallest MP, but Daniel Kawczynski (6ft 8in) is also the first openly bisexual parliamentarian. The 41-year-old Tory (pictured in a charity race) revealed his sexuality – and that he had a male partner – at a meeting of his Shrewsbury constituency’s Conservative Party Association.
How did it go down?
He was given a standing ovation. “They have been very supportive and kind, which obviously I appreciate greatly,” the Polish-born politician said. “It is very important to show the youngsters that it is perfectly acceptable and normal to be open about your sexual preferences. I have always been with women. Now, I have met a guy.”
Is he a new bi-sexual icon?
Pleasing though the move may be to members of the LGBT community, there are elements of Kawczynki’s politics that are more typically Conservative. He is a leading member of the Christian-based, right-wing, Tory Cornerstone group and a practising Catholic. Both of which make him less likely to fully embrace the progressive agenda. He did, however, vote in favour of same sex marriage.
Why do I recognise him?
He appeared on Location, Location, Location with his then wife after being elected in 2005.
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP