Today's letter from the Editor
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
Page 3 Profile: Daniel Kawczynski, mp
Until recently he was known simply as the country’s tallest MP, but Daniel Kawczynski (6ft 8in) is also the first openly bisexual parliamentarian. The 41-year-old Tory (pictured in a charity race) revealed his sexuality – and that he had a male partner – at a meeting of his Shrewsbury constituency’s Conservative Party Association.
How did it go down?
He was given a standing ovation. “They have been very supportive and kind, which obviously I appreciate greatly,” the Polish-born politician said. “It is very important to show the youngsters that it is perfectly acceptable and normal to be open about your sexual preferences. I have always been with women. Now, I have met a guy.”
Is he a new bi-sexual icon?
Pleasing though the move may be to members of the LGBT community, there are elements of Kawczynki’s politics that are more typically Conservative. He is a leading member of the Christian-based, right-wing, Tory Cornerstone group and a practising Catholic. Both of which make him less likely to fully embrace the progressive agenda. He did, however, vote in favour of same sex marriage.
Why do I recognise him?
He appeared on Location, Location, Location with his then wife after being elected in 2005.
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it