Today's letter from the Editor
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .Mid Level V...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Dig...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Medical, Fuel + More!: Progressive Recruitmen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: An absolutely o...
Page 3 Profile: Jack Whitehall, comedian
The King of Comedy?
Yes, but perhaps not for much longer. Whitehall, best known for playing the loveable toff JP in the student sitcom Fresh Meat, has become an overnight tabloid hate figure after an off-colour performance on C4's Big Fat Quiz of The Year this week. Teaming up with Gavin and Stacy star James Corden, the 24-year-old stand-up made a string of offensive one-liners - just weeks after being voted The King of Comedy at the UK comedy awards.
So what did he say?
Over the course of the two-hour show Whitehall, along with Corden and host Jimmy Carr, managed to make vulgar jokes about the Queen, Barack Obama, the singers Susan Boyle and Carly Rae Jepsen, and the sprinter Usain Bolt. He also made light of the bladder infection suffered by the Duke of Edinburgh last summer.
What was the reaction?
The show, which was broadcast just after the 9pm watershed on Sunday, was condemned by critics and some viewers. The broadcasting watchdog Ofcom confirmed yesterday that it had received several complaints, with some viewers apparently angry that Whitehall appeared to drink an entire bottle of wine during the course of the pre-recorded show.
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >