Today's letter from the Editor
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Manager / Training Manager (L&D /...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
Page 3 Profile: Jack Whitehall, comedian
The King of Comedy?
Yes, but perhaps not for much longer. Whitehall, best known for playing the loveable toff JP in the student sitcom Fresh Meat, has become an overnight tabloid hate figure after an off-colour performance on C4's Big Fat Quiz of The Year this week. Teaming up with Gavin and Stacy star James Corden, the 24-year-old stand-up made a string of offensive one-liners - just weeks after being voted The King of Comedy at the UK comedy awards.
So what did he say?
Over the course of the two-hour show Whitehall, along with Corden and host Jimmy Carr, managed to make vulgar jokes about the Queen, Barack Obama, the singers Susan Boyle and Carly Rae Jepsen, and the sprinter Usain Bolt. He also made light of the bladder infection suffered by the Duke of Edinburgh last summer.
What was the reaction?
The show, which was broadcast just after the 9pm watershed on Sunday, was condemned by critics and some viewers. The broadcasting watchdog Ofcom confirmed yesterday that it had received several complaints, with some viewers apparently angry that Whitehall appeared to drink an entire bottle of wine during the course of the pre-recorded show.
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line - and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute