Today's letter from the Editor
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Page 3 Profile: Miranda Hart, actress
The Queen of Christmas television?
Producers seem to think so. The eagerly awaited third series of Miranda, her semi-autobiog-raphical comedy show, kicked off yesterday to the joy of many adoring fans. And they were also able to enjoy a special episode of the critically acclaimed Call the Midwife on Christmas Day. In it she plays the affecting Chummy Browne, a role which earned her a Bafta nomination.
She's doing alright for herself then.
And she can hardly believe it. Hart recently revealed that she doesn't "feel like a famous person". But there aren't many comedians who can hope for such success. After hitting the scene in 2006 in BBC sci-fi comedy Hyperdrive, her career has gone into orbit, complete with advertising contracts.
So what's next for her?
There's scope for fulfilling her long-term dream of starring in a West End play. Her ideal supporting cast would include the late Noël Coward and Julie Walters. Matthew Perry, of Friends fame, would star as her romantic interest.
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed