Today's letter from the Editor
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...
Page 3 Profile: Nicki Minaj, Rapper
Launching the world's worst fashion line?
Plans to produce Minaj-branded clothes are well under way, but the rapper – renowned as much for her abominable dress sense as her platinum-selling musical offerings – has been in the headlines for a very different reason. As you might expect from someone whose childhood was toughened by poverty and abuse, Minaj isn't shy of expressing her political views. But her fans and admirers aren't particularly comfortable with them.
Along the right lines! In a verse on label-mate Lil Wayne's Dedication 4 mixtape, Minaj raps: "I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney, You lazy bitches are ******* up the economy." It seems to be a pretty clear endorsement, but then Minaj is renowned for taking on different personalities in her songs. This year, she tweeted Barack Obama, saying: "Just give free health care to all. Why should a poor person struggle to pay for meds sir?".
Could this harm her credibility?
The coolest celebrities vote Democrat. Beyoncé, Lady GaGa, Anna Wintour, Jay-Z – all Obama fans. The Republican side can lay claim to Clint Eastwood, but otherwise it's pretty barren, with sometime rocker and full-time gun enthusiast Ted Nugent and the puzzlingly-haired Donald Trump.
Could it swing the election?
Analysts are expecting a close fight, and Minaj does have 14 million Twitter followers. However, many aren't keen on Romney, and Minaj probably won't be voting: US website Gawker found she is not a registered voter.
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant