Today's letter from the Editor
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: A VERY HIGH QUALITY FIRM A high qual...
Page 3 Profile: Nicki Minaj, Rapper
Launching the world's worst fashion line?
Plans to produce Minaj-branded clothes are well under way, but the rapper – renowned as much for her abominable dress sense as her platinum-selling musical offerings – has been in the headlines for a very different reason. As you might expect from someone whose childhood was toughened by poverty and abuse, Minaj isn't shy of expressing her political views. But her fans and admirers aren't particularly comfortable with them.
Along the right lines! In a verse on label-mate Lil Wayne's Dedication 4 mixtape, Minaj raps: "I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney, You lazy bitches are ******* up the economy." It seems to be a pretty clear endorsement, but then Minaj is renowned for taking on different personalities in her songs. This year, she tweeted Barack Obama, saying: "Just give free health care to all. Why should a poor person struggle to pay for meds sir?".
Could this harm her credibility?
The coolest celebrities vote Democrat. Beyoncé, Lady GaGa, Anna Wintour, Jay-Z – all Obama fans. The Republican side can lay claim to Clint Eastwood, but otherwise it's pretty barren, with sometime rocker and full-time gun enthusiast Ted Nugent and the puzzlingly-haired Donald Trump.
Could it swing the election?
Analysts are expecting a close fight, and Minaj does have 14 million Twitter followers. However, many aren't keen on Romney, and Minaj probably won't be voting: US website Gawker found she is not a registered voter.
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >