Today's letter from the Editor
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...
Page 3 Profile: Ray Winstone, actor
No. It seems the staple of British gangster films has decided to take a break from acting on the big-screen after recently appearing in the Danny Dyer flop, Run For Your Wife,
He has decided instead to flex his political muscles, entering into a debate on taxation policy with all the nuance of one of his hard-man characters. Britain is “being raped” by high taxes, he said in an interview with talkSPORT radio this weekend, and he's had just about enough of it.
He said what?!
Sparking instant condemnation, the 56-year-old former boxer told the show: “I can see myself leaving. I love this country but I've had enough. I don't see what we are being given back; I just see the country being raped.”
Expanding on his sweeping indictment of society, he added: “There are more holes in the roads than a tennis racket, we can't build hospitals and fire stations are closing.”
Is he actually going to leave?
Twitter encouragements aside – and there have been many – it will be a surprise if he heads for the Continent. Since making his name in the famously violent television play Scum, which portrayed the brutality of life inside a British borstal, Winstone has made a career out of the English, thoroughbred gangster. Even while playing Mr French in The Departed, the Londoner struggled to mask his thick cockney accent.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights