Today's letter from the Editor
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...
£22,000 - £23,000: Beverley James: Are you looking for the opportunity to work...
£30,000: Beverley James: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a person looki...
Page 3 Profile: Richard Burton, actor
How has the co-star of Cleopatra got into the news?
On St David's Day Burton will have his star unveiled on Hollywood's Walk of Fame − 28 years after his death − next to Elizabeth Taylor, whom he married twice. The seven-times Oscar-nominated Welshman will join 2,400 other names.
Why did it take so long for him to be recognised on the famous walk?
Burton's inclusion follows a Western Mail newspaper campaign, which raised £20,000 with help from 20th Century Fox. Burton, the Oxford-educated son of a miner, was a distinguished Shakespearean actor when he met Taylor, who was already a star. They starred together in nine further films.
Five marriages with four women aside, what else is he known for?
Burton was one of the great British actors of the post-war period. His performances were often better received when away from Taylor, such as in Becket (1964), the thriller The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) and alongside Clint Eastwood in Where Eagles Dare (1968). He died in 1984.
Are there any other Welsh entertainers on the walk?
Actor Ray Milland, famous for The Lost Weekend in 1945, has two stars, while Sir Anthony Hopkins was honoured in 2003. Sir Tom Jones also has recognition, but the exclusion of Burton had been a bone of contention
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia