Fabulous Christmas gift ideas: Animal magic
Feast your eyes on part one of our ultimate Christmas gift guide: this week, terrific toys for boys and girls, foodie treats, addictive gadgets, literary treasures and much more…
Saturday 26 November 2011
1. Cat decoration, £7.50, The National Gallery shop
2. Abigail Ahern bulldog lamp, £380, Graham & Green; frame, £7, Urban Outfitters
3. Dog print silk scarf, £135, Liberty
4. Reiko Kaneko Echo cat bowl, £29.95, Hidden Art
5. Cat rag basket, £66.50, Mungo & Maud
6. Pink Spinny dog toy, £32.95, Harrods
7. Striped dog bowl, £10, Celia Birtwell, Boots
8. Le Chat print by Mini & Maximus, £42, Bodie & Fou
9. Ancol edible veg patch for rabbits, £4.07, Pet Planet
10. Crochet ball, £11.50, Mungo & Maud
11. Pod dog carry bag, £353, Mungo & Maud
12. Hampster crayon crunchers, £2.19, Pet Planet
13. Fish tank, £45, The Balcony Gardener
14. Pet portrait 'Dougal', from £440 for private commission, Rory Dobner
15. Posh paws pet mat, £47.95, John Lewis
16. Alessi dog food jar, £21, John Lewis
17. Dachshund bookends, £60, Graham & Green
18. Multi-stripe dog collar, £69, Paul Smith
19. Fuora eco doghouse, £234.89, Bodie & Fou
Click the links below to view the gift guides
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£17000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This children's clothing compan...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading manufacturer...
£22000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This bespoke furniture and inte...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Do you get a buzz from thinking up new ideas a...