Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met gets London preview
Monday 28 February 2011
The annual fashion exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute will this year focus on the 'Savage Beauty' of Alexander McQueen's designs.
Fashion personalities including US Vogue's editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and fashion designer Stella McCartney previewed the much-anticipated display, whose New York opening will be feted in May with the just as eagerly awaited Met Ball, during London Fashion Week.
According to the exhibition curators, "approximately one hundred examples [of McQueen's work] will be on view, including signature designs such as the bumster trouser, the kimono jacket, and the Origami frock coat, as well as pieces reflecting the exaggerated silhouettes of the 1860s, 1880s, 1890s, and 1950s that he crafted into contemporary silhouettes transmitting romantic narratives."
Alexander McQueen committed suicide one year ago.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty
May 4-July 31
Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Exhibition Hall, 2nd floor
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Postpartum psychosis: How Jessica Pidsley was driven to the edge by the rare illness
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: A fast growing Financial Services organisation b...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits: Harrington Starr: An award-win...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer - (Linux, Shell, Bash)DevOps Eng...