Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met gets London preview
Monday 28 February 2011
The annual fashion exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute will this year focus on the 'Savage Beauty' of Alexander McQueen's designs.
Fashion personalities including US Vogue's editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and fashion designer Stella McCartney previewed the much-anticipated display, whose New York opening will be feted in May with the just as eagerly awaited Met Ball, during London Fashion Week.
According to the exhibition curators, "approximately one hundred examples [of McQueen's work] will be on view, including signature designs such as the bumster trouser, the kimono jacket, and the Origami frock coat, as well as pieces reflecting the exaggerated silhouettes of the 1860s, 1880s, 1890s, and 1950s that he crafted into contemporary silhouettes transmitting romantic narratives."
Alexander McQueen committed suicide one year ago.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty
May 4-July 31
Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Exhibition Hall, 2nd floor
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...