Anthony Vaccarello wins ANDAM fashion award
Thursday 30 June 2011
The Belgian designer beat out his high-profile counterparts on a shortlist that included Adam Kimmel, Commuun, Jeremy Laing, Matthew Harding, and Yiqing Yin, winning the prestigious French fashion prize Wednesday.
Vaccarello won the Grand Prix at the Hyères Fashion Festival in 2006 before working alongside Karl Lagerfeld at Fendi. He has been showing his own-label collections during Paris women's ready-to-wear since 2009.
The €200,000 endowment will benefit his next show in October as well as the opening of a French branch of his label. He will also receive mentorship from fashion experts, the opportunity to exhibit at France's Galeries Lafayette department store, and a €10,000 donation of Swarovski crystals to be used in the spring/summer 2012 collection.
Bestowed by fashion's editorial and buying elite including The Daily Telegraph's Hilary Alexander, French Vogue's new editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt, and Paris concept store Colette's creative director Sarah Lerfel, the award has helped to boost the careers of Giles Deacon and Hakaan in past years, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...