Anthony Vaccarello wins ANDAM fashion award
Thursday 30 June 2011
The Belgian designer beat out his high-profile counterparts on a shortlist that included Adam Kimmel, Commuun, Jeremy Laing, Matthew Harding, and Yiqing Yin, winning the prestigious French fashion prize Wednesday.
Vaccarello won the Grand Prix at the Hyères Fashion Festival in 2006 before working alongside Karl Lagerfeld at Fendi. He has been showing his own-label collections during Paris women's ready-to-wear since 2009.
The €200,000 endowment will benefit his next show in October as well as the opening of a French branch of his label. He will also receive mentorship from fashion experts, the opportunity to exhibit at France's Galeries Lafayette department store, and a €10,000 donation of Swarovski crystals to be used in the spring/summer 2012 collection.
Bestowed by fashion's editorial and buying elite including The Daily Telegraph's Hilary Alexander, French Vogue's new editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt, and Paris concept store Colette's creative director Sarah Lerfel, the award has helped to boost the careers of Giles Deacon and Hakaan in past years, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...