Anthony Vaccarello wins ANDAM fashion award
Thursday 30 June 2011
The Belgian designer beat out his high-profile counterparts on a shortlist that included Adam Kimmel, Commuun, Jeremy Laing, Matthew Harding, and Yiqing Yin, winning the prestigious French fashion prize Wednesday.
Vaccarello won the Grand Prix at the Hyères Fashion Festival in 2006 before working alongside Karl Lagerfeld at Fendi. He has been showing his own-label collections during Paris women's ready-to-wear since 2009.
The €200,000 endowment will benefit his next show in October as well as the opening of a French branch of his label. He will also receive mentorship from fashion experts, the opportunity to exhibit at France's Galeries Lafayette department store, and a €10,000 donation of Swarovski crystals to be used in the spring/summer 2012 collection.
Bestowed by fashion's editorial and buying elite including The Daily Telegraph's Hilary Alexander, French Vogue's new editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt, and Paris concept store Colette's creative director Sarah Lerfel, the award has helped to boost the careers of Giles Deacon and Hakaan in past years, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...