British actresses form anti-Botox campaign
Thursday 18 August 2011
British actresses Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, and Emma Thompson are taking a stand against Botox, youth-focused Hollywood culture, and plastic surgery by forming what they've dubbed the "British Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League."
Winslet, now 35, told the UK's Telegraph last week of the plan, adding "I will never give in." Cosmetic surgery "goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty...I am an actress, I don't want to freeze the expressions of my face."
Emma Thompson, 52, also chimed in, saying, "I'm not fiddling about with myself. We're in this awful youth-driven thing now where everybody needs to look 30 at 60."
On August 17, The Huffington Post added that American actress Gwyneth Paltrow, 38, also rails against silicone, Botox, and "other of those gimmicks out of pure vanity," she reportedly told the German edition of OK!.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£75 - £90 per day + negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Are you a cover supe...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...