British actresses form anti-Botox campaign
Thursday 18 August 2011
British actresses Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, and Emma Thompson are taking a stand against Botox, youth-focused Hollywood culture, and plastic surgery by forming what they've dubbed the "British Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League."
Winslet, now 35, told the UK's Telegraph last week of the plan, adding "I will never give in." Cosmetic surgery "goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty...I am an actress, I don't want to freeze the expressions of my face."
Emma Thompson, 52, also chimed in, saying, "I'm not fiddling about with myself. We're in this awful youth-driven thing now where everybody needs to look 30 at 60."
On August 17, The Huffington Post added that American actress Gwyneth Paltrow, 38, also rails against silicone, Botox, and "other of those gimmicks out of pure vanity," she reportedly told the German edition of OK!.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...