Dressing table: The best compacts
Saturday 14 August 2010
1. La Rose Deco
Rosewood and shimmer combine in the form of an Art Deco rose. Achieve instant highlights.
£32, Lancôme, from Harvey Nichols from 20 August, nationwide from September
2. Fresh Bloom All-over Colour
The petal graphic and shimmery-soft shades perfectly coincide with fashion's current love affair with florals.
£23.50, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
3. Péché No 1: L'éclat
Shimmery flesh-tones inside and a beautiful gold chinoiserie case, this compact has the mystery and seduction of YSL's beloved Orient.
£35, Yves Saint Laurent , available nationwide
4. Protected Paradise Face
The embossed pastel whales in this pretty compact will be a reminder of what you're helping to save: 5 per cent of the proceeds go to the Pew Institute for Ocean Science.
£88, Chantecaille, spacenk.com
5. The Tailleur Bar Palette
Inspired by Christian Dior's favourite colours, this limited-edition eye palette shaped into an elegant Rene Gruau illustration is simply stunning.
£65, Dior, exclusively at Selfridges, selfridges.com
6. Blush 4 Eclats Sculpting Blush
Made for balmy evenings, these warm brown tones will give your complexion a dewy hint of a tan.
£31, Guerlain, 01932 233887
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An On-line Sales & Customer Ser...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest hospitality companies...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a result of significant cont...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...