Dressing table: The best compacts
Saturday 14 August 2010
1. La Rose Deco
Rosewood and shimmer combine in the form of an Art Deco rose. Achieve instant highlights.
£32, Lancôme, from Harvey Nichols from 20 August, nationwide from September
2. Fresh Bloom All-over Colour
The petal graphic and shimmery-soft shades perfectly coincide with fashion's current love affair with florals.
£23.50, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
3. Péché No 1: L'éclat
Shimmery flesh-tones inside and a beautiful gold chinoiserie case, this compact has the mystery and seduction of YSL's beloved Orient.
£35, Yves Saint Laurent , available nationwide
4. Protected Paradise Face
The embossed pastel whales in this pretty compact will be a reminder of what you're helping to save: 5 per cent of the proceeds go to the Pew Institute for Ocean Science.
£88, Chantecaille, spacenk.com
5. The Tailleur Bar Palette
Inspired by Christian Dior's favourite colours, this limited-edition eye palette shaped into an elegant Rene Gruau illustration is simply stunning.
£65, Dior, exclusively at Selfridges, selfridges.com
6. Blush 4 Eclats Sculpting Blush
Made for balmy evenings, these warm brown tones will give your complexion a dewy hint of a tan.
£31, Guerlain, 01932 233887
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...