Dressing table: The best compacts
Saturday 14 August 2010
1. La Rose Deco
Rosewood and shimmer combine in the form of an Art Deco rose. Achieve instant highlights.
£32, Lancôme, from Harvey Nichols from 20 August, nationwide from September
2. Fresh Bloom All-over Colour
The petal graphic and shimmery-soft shades perfectly coincide with fashion's current love affair with florals.
£23.50, Clinique, 0870 034 2566
3. Péché No 1: L'éclat
Shimmery flesh-tones inside and a beautiful gold chinoiserie case, this compact has the mystery and seduction of YSL's beloved Orient.
£35, Yves Saint Laurent , available nationwide
4. Protected Paradise Face
The embossed pastel whales in this pretty compact will be a reminder of what you're helping to save: 5 per cent of the proceeds go to the Pew Institute for Ocean Science.
£88, Chantecaille, spacenk.com
5. The Tailleur Bar Palette
Inspired by Christian Dior's favourite colours, this limited-edition eye palette shaped into an elegant Rene Gruau illustration is simply stunning.
£65, Dior, exclusively at Selfridges, selfridges.com
6. Blush 4 Eclats Sculpting Blush
Made for balmy evenings, these warm brown tones will give your complexion a dewy hint of a tan.
£31, Guerlain, 01932 233887
Life & Style blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...