Get into the groove with Seventies style
As the mercury begins to rise, keep cool this summer in languid Seventies style
Sunday 12 May 2013
1. Blouse £39, Never Fully Dressed, neverfullydressed.co.uk; shorts £66, Finders Keepers, zalando.co.uk; necklace £10, Freedom, topshop.co.uk; sandals £89, Nine West, ninewest.co.uk
2. Dress £55, Asos, asos.com; sheepskin gilet £550, Whistles, whistles.co.uk; ring £12, Accessorize, accessorize.co.uk
3. Top £42, Topshop, topshop.co.uk; trousers £79, Cos, cosstores.com; bag £28, Topshop, as before; hat £15, Accessorize, as before
4. Top £58, Finders Keepers, as before; jacket £79.99, and trousers £39.99, both Zara, zara.com; bag £26, Warehouse, warehouse.co.uk; rings £10, Accessorize, as before
5. Bracelets £16.50, and rings £12,50, both Freedom, as before; top £32, Topshop, as before; trousers £22, Asos, as before; sunglasses £205, Miu Miu, Sunglass Hut, 0844 2640860
Photography: Helen McArdle
Styling: Emma Akbareian
Model: Sophie S at Next Model Management
Make-up: Aly Hazlewood using YSL Beauté
Hair: Jason Crozier at DW Management using Bumble and bumble
With thanks to The Marylebone Hotel, one of eight luxury boutique hotels within The Doyle Collection. The hotel is offering The Independent readers a ‘Leisurely London’ package – from £220 for two incl. breakfast. The Marylebone Hotel, London W1, 0207 486 6600 doylecollection.com
Life & Style blogs
Hayfever pills and sleeping aids can 'significantly increase' risk of Alzheimer’s, says US study
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Narendra Modi: Indian Prime Minister wears suit with pinstripes that spell his name to meet Barack Obama
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This growing successful busines...
£16400 - £17500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading online E-commerce ...
£27300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a leading...
£22000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading boiler ...