Get into the groove with Seventies style
As the mercury begins to rise, keep cool this summer in languid Seventies style
Sunday 12 May 2013
1. Blouse £39, Never Fully Dressed, neverfullydressed.co.uk; shorts £66, Finders Keepers, zalando.co.uk; necklace £10, Freedom, topshop.co.uk; sandals £89, Nine West, ninewest.co.uk
2. Dress £55, Asos, asos.com; sheepskin gilet £550, Whistles, whistles.co.uk; ring £12, Accessorize, accessorize.co.uk
3. Top £42, Topshop, topshop.co.uk; trousers £79, Cos, cosstores.com; bag £28, Topshop, as before; hat £15, Accessorize, as before
4. Top £58, Finders Keepers, as before; jacket £79.99, and trousers £39.99, both Zara, zara.com; bag £26, Warehouse, warehouse.co.uk; rings £10, Accessorize, as before
5. Bracelets £16.50, and rings £12,50, both Freedom, as before; top £32, Topshop, as before; trousers £22, Asos, as before; sunglasses £205, Miu Miu, Sunglass Hut, 0844 2640860
Photography: Helen McArdle
Styling: Emma Akbareian
Model: Sophie S at Next Model Management
Make-up: Aly Hazlewood using YSL Beauté
Hair: Jason Crozier at DW Management using Bumble and bumble
With thanks to The Marylebone Hotel, one of eight luxury boutique hotels within The Doyle Collection. The hotel is offering The Independent readers a ‘Leisurely London’ package – from £220 for two incl. breakfast. The Marylebone Hotel, London W1, 0207 486 6600 doylecollection.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...