Get into the groove with Seventies style
As the mercury begins to rise, keep cool this summer in languid Seventies style
Sunday 12 May 2013
1. Blouse £39, Never Fully Dressed, neverfullydressed.co.uk; shorts £66, Finders Keepers, zalando.co.uk; necklace £10, Freedom, topshop.co.uk; sandals £89, Nine West, ninewest.co.uk
2. Dress £55, Asos, asos.com; sheepskin gilet £550, Whistles, whistles.co.uk; ring £12, Accessorize, accessorize.co.uk
3. Top £42, Topshop, topshop.co.uk; trousers £79, Cos, cosstores.com; bag £28, Topshop, as before; hat £15, Accessorize, as before
4. Top £58, Finders Keepers, as before; jacket £79.99, and trousers £39.99, both Zara, zara.com; bag £26, Warehouse, warehouse.co.uk; rings £10, Accessorize, as before
5. Bracelets £16.50, and rings £12,50, both Freedom, as before; top £32, Topshop, as before; trousers £22, Asos, as before; sunglasses £205, Miu Miu, Sunglass Hut, 0844 2640860
Photography: Helen McArdle
Styling: Emma Akbareian
Model: Sophie S at Next Model Management
Make-up: Aly Hazlewood using YSL Beauté
Hair: Jason Crozier at DW Management using Bumble and bumble
With thanks to The Marylebone Hotel, one of eight luxury boutique hotels within The Doyle Collection. The hotel is offering The Independent readers a ‘Leisurely London’ package – from £220 for two incl. breakfast. The Marylebone Hotel, London W1, 0207 486 6600 doylecollection.com
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a 3-4 month pro rata fi...
£16000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Telesales Executive is requir...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join ...