How to be beautiful: Bright eyes
Sunday 09 December 2012
Bright colour on the eyes is tricky, even for the committed cosmetics-wearer.
By some twisted logic, you can apply 10 tonnes of black eyeliner and sludgy brown eye shadow and still remain convinced it’s a relatively natural look; but dust on some green or blue and suddenly all you can see in the mirror is make-up with a capital M.
This, however, is exactly the point of this season’s “peacock eye”, which is basically a smoky eye rendered in vivid combinations of blue, green, purple and bronze, as seen on the catwalk at Prada, Cavalli and more.
This is unashamed display rather than covert enhancement. And since Christmas-party season is traditionally time for sequins and shimmer – clothes that wear you, rather than the other way around – there’s no better moment to give such a look a shot. Practice makes perfect – and it does need to be perfect, because nobody wearing four shades of eye shadow can pretend not to have tried.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
£80 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Liverpool: **Due to an increase in dema...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant EBD , Septemb...
£7 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: We are a large and successful recrui...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teaching Assistant We are curr...