How to be beautiful: Bright eyes
Sunday 09 December 2012
Bright colour on the eyes is tricky, even for the committed cosmetics-wearer.
By some twisted logic, you can apply 10 tonnes of black eyeliner and sludgy brown eye shadow and still remain convinced it’s a relatively natural look; but dust on some green or blue and suddenly all you can see in the mirror is make-up with a capital M.
This, however, is exactly the point of this season’s “peacock eye”, which is basically a smoky eye rendered in vivid combinations of blue, green, purple and bronze, as seen on the catwalk at Prada, Cavalli and more.
This is unashamed display rather than covert enhancement. And since Christmas-party season is traditionally time for sequins and shimmer – clothes that wear you, rather than the other way around – there’s no better moment to give such a look a shot. Practice makes perfect – and it does need to be perfect, because nobody wearing four shades of eye shadow can pretend not to have tried.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The IT Support Engineer is needed to ass...
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: It's an exciting time for this ...
£22000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...