How To Be Beautiful: Think on your feet
Sunday 27 May 2012
Beauty, like fashion, is still a seasonal business. Both operate on a calendar that assumes summer equals six months of solid sunshine. So the dust has barely settled on the Christmas gifts than we're exhorted to start madly buffing our body parts in anticipation.
This isn't as bonkers as it seems. For if cruddy, indecisive weather adds anything to our national character, it's our refusal to accept it. Hence you will find yourself at a drizzly June wedding clad – like everyone else there, all of whom saw a weather forecast – in summer dress and sandals. Turning up in something appropriately wintry would be bad form.
For this reason, your feet need to be in decent shape by this point in the year. Because whether it's blazing sunshine or pouring rain (or, most maddeningly, something in between), you'll have no choice but to break them out of the winter boots.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
Ashley Madison leak reveals Cambridge as the UK's cheating capital
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...