How To Be Beautiful: Tinted moisturisers
Sunday 25 March 2012
Ask any supermodel or film star to list the contents of their off-duty make-up bag, and you can be certain that tinted moisturiser will get a mention, usually as part of an emphatically minimal kit. Understandable, of course, that anyone whose job demands wearing a tonne of slap should want to scale it back on days off. But the (slightly smug) subtext is that if you've lucked out with your genetic make-up, there's not a lot more that needs doing: cosmetic featherweights, such as tinted moisturiser, will suffice. Conversely, we mere mortals often reach for the full-on foundation bottle in the belief that only heavy-duty help will do.
In truth, most of us need rather less coverage than we think, and good tinted moisturisers provide a bit more of it than the barely-there image suggests. Their formulation also means that, unlike foundation proper, they are less likely to dry skin out and highlight imperfections or lines. And, though hardly a priority for off-duty A-listers, it's possible to apply it, sans mirror, on the bus with a high degree of success.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...