Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cat Deeley's tribute to Dennis the Menace
Gemma Hayward: Loving the hair swept up off her face but all that slap isn't necessary on such a babe. Her lids look heavy and the outfit-matching lipstick just doesn't work when stripes are involved.
Hugh Montgomery: Grooming with intent: the kind that says "rumour-sphere, get thee talking about me fronting a new Simon Cowell show now!"
Gemma: She looks like a slutty Freddy Krueger. I like it!
Hugh: We avoid crop tops ourselves, but in this case, as the Mail points out, it does show off "her admirable flat stomach" – and who are we to question their appraisal of abdominal achievement?
Gemma: She's gone for quite a ladylike bag for such a sassy outfit. An oversized clutch would have made a far bigger fashion statement.
Hugh: Whether from Chanel or from a market stall next to one selling nodding British bulldogs, a leather quilted chain bag is basically infallible.
Gemma: I'm a sucker for a pointed court shoe, so in my opinion she couldn't have made a better choice.
Hugh: These are fine, but maybe she could have plumped for something rather more stompy to continue the Dennis the Menace theme.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...