Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cate Blanchett's intergalactic Miss Whiplash look
Gemma Hayward: She wore her hair up to show off her impressive earlobes. Size does matter, after all.
Hugh Montgomery: As someone who became famous for playing a British queen, she knows it's all about the reginal wave.
Gemma: Put the brush down and step away from the blusher. When you have such great bone structure, there's simply no need for that much enhancement.
Hugh: Agreed – I'm with cheeky, except when it comes to actual, physical cheeks.
Gemma: This shimmering all-over sequinned gown with a plunging neckline is more Miss Whiplash than Elf Queen. If you've got it, flaunt it.
Hugh: I don't know whether I like this dress or whether I'm just wondering why it never featured in Battlestar Galactica.
Gemma: It looks like she's just dipped her pinkies in tar and is walking on tippy-toes.
Hugh: Are these rubber, too? What is going on? Is this not, in fact, Cate Blanchett, but the arthouse fanboy Cate Blanchett action figure?
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our large organisa...
£22000 - £24000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Support Engineer (1st...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: English Teacher Required for Oct...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you qualified Mandarin Teache...