Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cate Blanchett's intergalactic Miss Whiplash look
Gemma Hayward: She wore her hair up to show off her impressive earlobes. Size does matter, after all.
Hugh Montgomery: As someone who became famous for playing a British queen, she knows it's all about the reginal wave.
Gemma: Put the brush down and step away from the blusher. When you have such great bone structure, there's simply no need for that much enhancement.
Hugh: Agreed – I'm with cheeky, except when it comes to actual, physical cheeks.
Gemma: This shimmering all-over sequinned gown with a plunging neckline is more Miss Whiplash than Elf Queen. If you've got it, flaunt it.
Hugh: I don't know whether I like this dress or whether I'm just wondering why it never featured in Battlestar Galactica.
Gemma: It looks like she's just dipped her pinkies in tar and is walking on tippy-toes.
Hugh: Are these rubber, too? What is going on? Is this not, in fact, Cate Blanchett, but the arthouse fanboy Cate Blanchett action figure?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...