Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cate Blanchett's intergalactic Miss Whiplash look
Gemma Hayward: She wore her hair up to show off her impressive earlobes. Size does matter, after all.
Hugh Montgomery: As someone who became famous for playing a British queen, she knows it's all about the reginal wave.
Gemma: Put the brush down and step away from the blusher. When you have such great bone structure, there's simply no need for that much enhancement.
Hugh: Agreed – I'm with cheeky, except when it comes to actual, physical cheeks.
Gemma: This shimmering all-over sequinned gown with a plunging neckline is more Miss Whiplash than Elf Queen. If you've got it, flaunt it.
Hugh: I don't know whether I like this dress or whether I'm just wondering why it never featured in Battlestar Galactica.
Gemma: It looks like she's just dipped her pinkies in tar and is walking on tippy-toes.
Hugh: Are these rubber, too? What is going on? Is this not, in fact, Cate Blanchett, but the arthouse fanboy Cate Blanchett action figure?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...