Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cate Blanchett's intergalactic Miss Whiplash look
Gemma Hayward: She wore her hair up to show off her impressive earlobes. Size does matter, after all.
Hugh Montgomery: As someone who became famous for playing a British queen, she knows it's all about the reginal wave.
Gemma: Put the brush down and step away from the blusher. When you have such great bone structure, there's simply no need for that much enhancement.
Hugh: Agreed – I'm with cheeky, except when it comes to actual, physical cheeks.
Gemma: This shimmering all-over sequinned gown with a plunging neckline is more Miss Whiplash than Elf Queen. If you've got it, flaunt it.
Hugh: I don't know whether I like this dress or whether I'm just wondering why it never featured in Battlestar Galactica.
Gemma: It looks like she's just dipped her pinkies in tar and is walking on tippy-toes.
Hugh: Are these rubber, too? What is going on? Is this not, in fact, Cate Blanchett, but the arthouse fanboy Cate Blanchett action figure?
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Trade Desk Specialist (FIX, Linux, Windows...