Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Cate Blanchett's intergalactic Miss Whiplash look
Gemma Hayward: She wore her hair up to show off her impressive earlobes. Size does matter, after all.
Hugh Montgomery: As someone who became famous for playing a British queen, she knows it's all about the reginal wave.
Gemma: Put the brush down and step away from the blusher. When you have such great bone structure, there's simply no need for that much enhancement.
Hugh: Agreed – I'm with cheeky, except when it comes to actual, physical cheeks.
Gemma: This shimmering all-over sequinned gown with a plunging neckline is more Miss Whiplash than Elf Queen. If you've got it, flaunt it.
Hugh: I don't know whether I like this dress or whether I'm just wondering why it never featured in Battlestar Galactica.
Gemma: It looks like she's just dipped her pinkies in tar and is walking on tippy-toes.
Hugh: Are these rubber, too? What is going on? Is this not, in fact, Cate Blanchett, but the arthouse fanboy Cate Blanchett action figure?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...