Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Emma Watson's good-girl-goes-grunge chic
The hair/make up
Gemma Hayward: We're not used to seeing Emma with her hair swept up and such defined lashes, but she pulls it off, though I can't help thinking this hair/make-up combo would suit a dressier outfit.
Hugh Montgomery: The stuff that indie film festivals are made of: from the slick hairdo to the Gitanes-smoky peepers, she screams rebel-with-a-cause – that cause being "Get me a lo-fi dramedy about a damaged ingenue, NOW."
Gemma: A bit uptight in shape and the harsh leather is a mismatched pairing with the sweetness of what's going on beneath it.
Hugh: The peplum – aka the ruffled, flared-out bottom bit – is, apparently, totally on-trend, and yet we can't help thinking that a leather jacket ultimately looks cooler without its own leather valance.
Gemma: What a charming print on this Miu Miu skirt and buttonless blouse combo, which is very on-trend in both colour in style. Hugh: We've cracked it: Ms Watson's look is totally Winona Ryder circa Reality Bites i.e. grungy but twee and ideal for both rampant angstifying and wistful mooning.
Gemma: She's obviously a car-to-red-carpet kind of girl, so no need for the big bag to hold the obligatory flat shoes, make-up, house keys, phone, kitchen sink.
Hugh: Pink snakeskin? There can only be one response and that, in the words of some long-departed E4 announcer, is chuffing fabulous.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£15000 - £16800 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A key client in the East Midlands are re...
£21000 - £31000 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: The JobWe are looking ...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: The Job...Due to continued ...