Style shrinks: We analyse Madonna's Cleopatra-meets-cheerleader Super Bowl outfit
Gemma Hayward: Philip Treacy has done a far better job here than he did with the princesses' hats at last year's Royal Wedding, don't you think? It's the crowning moment of this amazing outfit.
Hugh Montgomery: From the Vegas bling to the nebulous ethnicity, this Treacy creation is a mesmeric omen for Madge's return to lily-gilding brilliance. Stare long enough, and it's as if the revisionist film-making never happened.
Gemma: Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci is behind this Roman-style costume, whose studded skirt was removed to reveal an amazingly toned body underneath. She's truly the Goddess of Pop.
Hugh: Not many outfits could integrate into both classical warrior and crazed cheerleader themes with such élan. A chameleon the very equal of its wearer.
Gemma: Gladiator sandals wouldn't have cut it with the sexy stage look, so she wisely opted for a thigh-high buckled boot. As she strutted her stuff, it was hard to believe she's in her fifties.
Hugh: Dominatrix enough, though a stumble proved they weren't quite the perfect dancing shoes.
Gemma: With her sphinx-like eyes, flawless skin and preened-to-perfection locks, she gives Liz Taylor's Cleopatra a run for her money.
Hugh: Questioning the whys and wherefores of Madonna's youthful visage is about as edifying as seeking out the liturgical precedent for "Like a Prayer", so let's just say she looks flippin' fantastic and leave the comedy misogynist banter to our man Piers.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...