Style shrinks: We analyse Madonna's Cleopatra-meets-cheerleader Super Bowl outfit
Gemma Hayward: Philip Treacy has done a far better job here than he did with the princesses' hats at last year's Royal Wedding, don't you think? It's the crowning moment of this amazing outfit.
Hugh Montgomery: From the Vegas bling to the nebulous ethnicity, this Treacy creation is a mesmeric omen for Madge's return to lily-gilding brilliance. Stare long enough, and it's as if the revisionist film-making never happened.
Gemma: Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci is behind this Roman-style costume, whose studded skirt was removed to reveal an amazingly toned body underneath. She's truly the Goddess of Pop.
Hugh: Not many outfits could integrate into both classical warrior and crazed cheerleader themes with such élan. A chameleon the very equal of its wearer.
Gemma: Gladiator sandals wouldn't have cut it with the sexy stage look, so she wisely opted for a thigh-high buckled boot. As she strutted her stuff, it was hard to believe she's in her fifties.
Hugh: Dominatrix enough, though a stumble proved they weren't quite the perfect dancing shoes.
Gemma: With her sphinx-like eyes, flawless skin and preened-to-perfection locks, she gives Liz Taylor's Cleopatra a run for her money.
Hugh: Questioning the whys and wherefores of Madonna's youthful visage is about as edifying as seeking out the liturgical precedent for "Like a Prayer", so let's just say she looks flippin' fantastic and leave the comedy misogynist banter to our man Piers.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a pa...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of designer kitch...