First look: Helena Bonham Carter wears chicken pox in new Marc Jacobs campaign
Tuesday 21 June 2011
If you're following fashion, you probably know that polka dots are huge right now, but US designer Marc Jacobs is taking the trend to a whole new level, with the circles not only popping up on his clothes but also on his model's skin.
Looking like chicken pox, the dots are giving Helena Bonham Carter a rather sick look - an unusual image for fashion, but quite typical of photographer Juergen Teller who is responsible for Jacobs's campaigns.
The designer previously released two other images of this upcoming fall/winter campaign, showing the actress in quirky positions and proving once more that Jacobs is not relying on conventional aesthetics to sell his clothes. What's more, Bonham Carter - a lover of mismatched shoes - is not especially known for her refined sartorial taste.
Actresses are increasingly replacing models in fashion campaigns, however, with Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie starring in the current St. John and Louis Vuitton ads, respectively.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...