First look: Helena Bonham Carter wears chicken pox in new Marc Jacobs campaign
Tuesday 21 June 2011
If you're following fashion, you probably know that polka dots are huge right now, but US designer Marc Jacobs is taking the trend to a whole new level, with the circles not only popping up on his clothes but also on his model's skin.
Looking like chicken pox, the dots are giving Helena Bonham Carter a rather sick look - an unusual image for fashion, but quite typical of photographer Juergen Teller who is responsible for Jacobs's campaigns.
The designer previously released two other images of this upcoming fall/winter campaign, showing the actress in quirky positions and proving once more that Jacobs is not relying on conventional aesthetics to sell his clothes. What's more, Bonham Carter - a lover of mismatched shoes - is not especially known for her refined sartorial taste.
Actresses are increasingly replacing models in fashion campaigns, however, with Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie starring in the current St. John and Louis Vuitton ads, respectively.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...