First look: Helena Bonham Carter wears chicken pox in new Marc Jacobs campaign
If you're following fashion, you probably know that polka dots are huge right now, but US designer Marc Jacobs is taking the trend to a whole new level, with the circles not only popping up on his clothes but also on his model's skin.
Looking like chicken pox, the dots are giving Helena Bonham Carter a rather sick look - an unusual image for fashion, but quite typical of photographer Juergen Teller who is responsible for Jacobs's campaigns.
The designer previously released two other images of this upcoming fall/winter campaign, showing the actress in quirky positions and proving once more that Jacobs is not relying on conventional aesthetics to sell his clothes. What's more, Bonham Carter - a lover of mismatched shoes - is not especially known for her refined sartorial taste.
Actresses are increasingly replacing models in fashion campaigns, however, with Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie starring in the current St. John and Louis Vuitton ads, respectively.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
Use of 'anonymous' search engine rockets following PRISM scandal
The 10 Best sports sunglasses
Apps: A poke in the eye for social-network friends
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Name and shame! Truth must come out vows Jeremy Hunt after report reveals baby deaths NHS cover-up
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...