First look: Helena Bonham Carter wears chicken pox in new Marc Jacobs campaign
Tuesday 21 June 2011
If you're following fashion, you probably know that polka dots are huge right now, but US designer Marc Jacobs is taking the trend to a whole new level, with the circles not only popping up on his clothes but also on his model's skin.
Looking like chicken pox, the dots are giving Helena Bonham Carter a rather sick look - an unusual image for fashion, but quite typical of photographer Juergen Teller who is responsible for Jacobs's campaigns.
The designer previously released two other images of this upcoming fall/winter campaign, showing the actress in quirky positions and proving once more that Jacobs is not relying on conventional aesthetics to sell his clothes. What's more, Bonham Carter - a lover of mismatched shoes - is not especially known for her refined sartorial taste.
Actresses are increasingly replacing models in fashion campaigns, however, with Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie starring in the current St. John and Louis Vuitton ads, respectively.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...