How to emulate the stunning makeup in 'Black Swan'
Thursday 16 December 2010
Love the elaborate makeup in the newly-released film
Black Swan? The film's makeup artists Judy Chin and Margie Durand share their secrets on how to achieve the dramatic dark eye makeup, porcelain skin, and blood-red lips seen on actress Natalie Portman in her role as an obsessive ballerina on the quest for perfection in the film.
Transform yourself into a "Black Swan": "The look is intense, alluring, and sexy with a bit of danger mixed in," Chin told beauty blog BellaSugar. To emulate Portman's look, Chin says to apply a pale ivory foundation followed by a white cream highlighter on your forehead and cheekbones. For the eyes, use MAC's Chromaline in Black Black ($17) to outline the eyes, then apply a silver shade from the brand's Pigment ($20) line combined with Mixing Medium and over the eyes in feather-like strokes. For an added dose of drama, the eyes were lined (just on the bottom) with MAC's Chromaline in Red ($17). To get Portman's femme fatale lips, use the brand's Vino lip pencil ($13) as a base, followed by its Dubonnet lipstick ($16).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SQL Impl...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...