How to emulate the stunning makeup in 'Black Swan'
Thursday 16 December 2010
Love the elaborate makeup in the newly-released film
Black Swan? The film's makeup artists Judy Chin and Margie Durand share their secrets on how to achieve the dramatic dark eye makeup, porcelain skin, and blood-red lips seen on actress Natalie Portman in her role as an obsessive ballerina on the quest for perfection in the film.
Transform yourself into a "Black Swan": "The look is intense, alluring, and sexy with a bit of danger mixed in," Chin told beauty blog BellaSugar. To emulate Portman's look, Chin says to apply a pale ivory foundation followed by a white cream highlighter on your forehead and cheekbones. For the eyes, use MAC's Chromaline in Black Black ($17) to outline the eyes, then apply a silver shade from the brand's Pigment ($20) line combined with Mixing Medium and over the eyes in feather-like strokes. For an added dose of drama, the eyes were lined (just on the bottom) with MAC's Chromaline in Red ($17). To get Portman's femme fatale lips, use the brand's Vino lip pencil ($13) as a base, followed by its Dubonnet lipstick ($16).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a solutions / s...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you inspired to bring new a...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...