Comme des Garcons team up with The Beatles
Wednesday 25 November 2009
Comme des Garcons has teamed up with Apple Corps, the music label formed by The Beatles, to produce a range of bags and clothing.
The collection, designed by Rei Kawakubo, features the distinguishable apple symbol made famous by the music label which controls The Beatles back-catalogue.
The range consists of bags, shirts and t-shirts and as well as apples, included in the designs are the polka dots synonymous with Comme de Garcons.
No real leather is used anywhere in the collection to come in line with the policies of Apple Corps.
A preview is scheduled to take place at Dover Street Market on Friday with a limited number of items available before the worldwide launch next spring.
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent, growing Sales...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Multi-skilled graphic designer ...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + EXCELLENT: Austen Lloyd: Court of Protection Solic...
£17000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...