Marc Jacobs to make plus sizes clothing
Monday 09 August 2010
Marc Jacobs is to become the first major fashion house to make a clothing line catering for women larger than size 14.
The label's president, Robert Duffy, suggested that the clothing line could be available in a year's time. Mr Duffy said: "We are in the very beginning stages of talking to a partner about plus sizes."
The announcement is expected to reignite the size debate, as many fashion designers have said it is harder to create clothes for larger women because they gain different amounts of weight on different areas of their body.
Karl Lagerfeld and Julien Macdonald have condemned moves by the fashion industry to use larger models as "absurd" and "a joke".
Life & Style blogs
World’s largest chocolate manufacturer adds voice to warnings of 'potential cocoa shortage by 2020'
We can't easily shut down Russian webcam hackers, admits Information Commissioner
GTA 5, Xbox One review: Next gen Los Santos is beautiful chaos
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches subscription service for the internet to replace ad revenue online
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
£8 - £12 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To assist a young family with the care ...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Executive is required...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world lead...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: My client, a world leading services pr...