Marc Jacobs to make plus sizes clothing
Monday 09 August 2010
Marc Jacobs is to become the first major fashion house to make a clothing line catering for women larger than size 14.
The label's president, Robert Duffy, suggested that the clothing line could be available in a year's time. Mr Duffy said: "We are in the very beginning stages of talking to a partner about plus sizes."
The announcement is expected to reignite the size debate, as many fashion designers have said it is harder to create clothes for larger women because they gain different amounts of weight on different areas of their body.
Karl Lagerfeld and Julien Macdonald have condemned moves by the fashion industry to use larger models as "absurd" and "a joke".
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to 20% bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: An...
£400 per hour: Orgtel: Technical Business Analyst - Banking - Bristol - £400pd...
To £58k Contract 12 months: Charter Selection: Major household name charity se...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Lead Hand - QCProgressive are recruiting...