Marc Jacobs to make plus sizes clothing
Monday 09 August 2010
Marc Jacobs is to become the first major fashion house to make a clothing line catering for women larger than size 14.
The label's president, Robert Duffy, suggested that the clothing line could be available in a year's time. Mr Duffy said: "We are in the very beginning stages of talking to a partner about plus sizes."
The announcement is expected to reignite the size debate, as many fashion designers have said it is harder to create clothes for larger women because they gain different amounts of weight on different areas of their body.
Karl Lagerfeld and Julien Macdonald have condemned moves by the fashion industry to use larger models as "absurd" and "a joke".
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...