Retailer launches beauty line aimed at 8-year-olds
Friday 28 January 2011
US retailer Walmart will release an all-natural, partially "anti-aging" beauty line for tweens, called GeoGirl.
Targeting 8- to 12-year-olds, the retail giant says the around 70 new GeoGirl products are eco-friendly and therefore "mother approved," adding that the palette is for those girls who want "real cosmetics, but with natural ingredients."
The products not only are natural, but - quite unbelievably considering the target group - also have an anti-aging effect thanks to their antioxidants. For all those above twelve, prepare to feel old when looking at GeoGirl's product names, whose texting slang ranges from J4G ('Just For Grins') and QTPi ('Cutie Pie') to FYEO ('For Your Eyes Only') and URA* ('You Are A Star').
GeoGirl will include blushes, mascaras, face shimmers, body mists, and cleansers, and will become available in late February. Prices are all under $5.99.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...