Retailer launches beauty line aimed at 8-year-olds
Friday 28 January 2011
US retailer Walmart will release an all-natural, partially "anti-aging" beauty line for tweens, called GeoGirl.
Targeting 8- to 12-year-olds, the retail giant says the around 70 new GeoGirl products are eco-friendly and therefore "mother approved," adding that the palette is for those girls who want "real cosmetics, but with natural ingredients."
The products not only are natural, but - quite unbelievably considering the target group - also have an anti-aging effect thanks to their antioxidants. For all those above twelve, prepare to feel old when looking at GeoGirl's product names, whose texting slang ranges from J4G ('Just For Grins') and QTPi ('Cutie Pie') to FYEO ('For Your Eyes Only') and URA* ('You Are A Star').
GeoGirl will include blushes, mascaras, face shimmers, body mists, and cleansers, and will become available in late February. Prices are all under $5.99.
Life & Style blogs
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...