Second nature exhibition in pictures
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Whatever the fashion season, nature has long been a source of inspiration for designers.
A new exhibition at London's Pitzhanger Manor Gallery celebrates the work of designers who have taken their creations back to nature.
‘Second Nature’ explores the influence that animals, plants and the environment have had on the fashion industry over the years. Featuring the work of acclaimed London-based designers such as Roksanda Ilincic, Giles Deacon, Peter Pilotto, Fyodor Golan and Lara Jensen. Incorporating film, illustration and sound as well as textiles and garments, the exhibition presents a collection influenced by our nature.
Life & Style blogs
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Rugby players risk infectious skin condition by swapping bacteria on shared razors and towels
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...