Bites: Ice, slice and two sugars please
Sunday 02 November 2008
Yesterday, Bistrotheque, Pablo Flack and David Waddington's hip east London eatery, spawned Flash, a "guerilla" restaurant made entirely of art storage boxes, at London's Royal Academy. The menu is French/Californian, while afternoon tea includes the option to swap your brew for a pot of Tanqueray gin cocktails. How decadent.
Also snubbing convention – namely soppy celebrity diets – the actress Kate Hudson was seen recently in Sophie's Steakhouse in Chelsea, tucking into a hearty 23oz steak. Perhaps Scotland's waiting staff should follow her – according to a local uniform maker, Celtic front-of-house is shrinking to a Hollywoodesque size zero. The reason? A rise in naturally taller, slimmer eastern European staff, apparently. Perhaps they could bulk up at The Box Tree, west Yorkshire's only Michelin-starred restaurant, which is serving up a six-course menu from 1963 to mark its 45th anniversary. Once costing just 32 shillings and sixpence, it's now a tad heavier, though still just £45.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Big knickers are back: Thongs ain't what they used to be
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Windows 10: apps and features killed off as Microsoft reveals limits of new operating system
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 3 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...