Norfolk whiskey distillery scoops four gongs at the International Wine and Spirit Competition
Thursday 26 July 2012
A whiskey distillery in Norfolk which opened less than six years ago has scooped four gongs at the International Wine and Spirit Competition, the industry's "Oscars".
Andrew Nelstrop, the delighted owner, said the awards – two silver outstanding and two silver – were down to the local barley and clean water from the Breckland aquifer.
Judges said the single malt whiskey had "hints of cocoa and coffee and delicate wisp of peat", with "some firm peaty characters with good oak support". Some 15 Scotch whiskies were awarded gold medals.
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...