Norfolk whiskey distillery scoops four gongs at the International Wine and Spirit Competition
Thursday 26 July 2012
A whiskey distillery in Norfolk which opened less than six years ago has scooped four gongs at the International Wine and Spirit Competition, the industry's "Oscars".
Andrew Nelstrop, the delighted owner, said the awards – two silver outstanding and two silver – were down to the local barley and clean water from the Breckland aquifer.
Judges said the single malt whiskey had "hints of cocoa and coffee and delicate wisp of peat", with "some firm peaty characters with good oak support". Some 15 Scotch whiskies were awarded gold medals.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 3 Should we intervene? Our response to the Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson assault is shocking too
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Cruise Ship Seasonal W...