Public are 'wrong' about meat
Monday 13 December 2010
Around six out of 10 people believe lean cuts of red meat contain more than 20 per cent fat, even though the true level is less than half that amount, research suggests.
Two-thirds of more than 2,000 people questioned also think chicken has less fat than steak, despite this not always being true.
Meatmatters, which is funded by the meat industry, carried out the survey. It said people believed meats such as beef, lamb and pork were more unhealthy than they are.
The World Cancer Research Fund has warned against eating too much red or processed meat because of fears it increases cancer risks.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...