The US President's $30,800 dinner menu
Thursday 31 March 2011
Celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson hosted a dinner for President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama this week at his newest restaurant Red Rooster in Harlem.
The small dinner party of 50 shelled out $30,800 (€27,710) per plate for the party fundraiser. Samuelsson is one of the president's favorite chefs and has been called upon to cook a handful of state dinners for him in the past.
In a show of cook and tell, Samuelsson posted the evening menu on his new site, Food Republic, the morning after. Here's what $30,800 will buy you at a dinner with the president.
Cornbread, with honey butter
Lobster salad with asparagus, peas, hot biscuit
A glass of Hermann J. Wiemer Riesling "Semi-Dry" 2008, Finger Lakes, New York
Braised Short Ribs, honey-glazed chokes, spring onions and red wine reduction
A glass of Brown Estate "Chaos Theory" 2009, Napa Valley
Chocolate Cake with rhubarb compote, buttermilk sherbert
Sweet Potato Doughnuts with cinnamon and brown sugar
Ridge Geyersville "Essence" 2007, Sonoma County, California
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...