Majority of US Internet users on Facebook: market tracker
Sunday 27 February 2011
Figures released Thursday by Internet tracker eMarketer indicated that more than half of US Internet users log in monthly to Facebook while about 20 million US online adults "tweet."
An estimated 57 percent of Internet users, about 132.5 million people, will log in to Facebook monthly this year, according to eMarketer.
By 2013, 62 percent of Web users and close to half the overall US population will be on Facebook, eMarketer predicted.
The percentage of US Internet users firing off at least one message a month at microblogging service Twitter was expected to grow from nine at the end of 2010 to 11 this year.
By the year 2013, nearly 28 million people in the US will be "tweeting," according to eMarketer.
The eMarketer estimates are "a realistic assessment of actual usage," said eMarketer senior analyst Paul Verna.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# WPF Developer (WinF...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: QA Tester Automation R...