Fingerprint lock for mobile phones
Tuesday 03 May 2011
A smartphone that requires the owner's fingerprint to be scanned before it will allow anyone to access the web, play games or even make a call is launched today.
The biometric fingerprint reader is the latest device intended to protect phones from theft and misuse. The 1cm-wide scanner is fitted to the Motorola Atrix which will be offered by Orange. To unlock the phone the owner must run their finger slowly down the scanner. A spokesman for Orange UK said: "This technology is the direction mobile phones are going in."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£55000 - £60000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: IT Proj...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SharePoint Administrator - Bishop's ...
£45000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client, a glob...
£20000 - £25000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...