Technology: Time for a new app?
Now Mark Zuckerberg's corporate behemoth controls your ever-so-cool Instagram photos, it might be time for a change. Here are your options...
Wednesday 11 April 2012
1. Instagram has sold out to Facebook, but Snapseed (£2.99) still offers lo-fi filters in an easy-to-use package.
2. TiltShift Generator (69p) is true to its hipster roots by making big things appear small.
3. Why not ditch stills entirely and upgrade to video with Viddy (Free).
4. Dramatic Black & White (69p) reproduces the traditional black and white darkroom look with this simple app.
5. Disposable Hipstamatic (free) blends lo-fi filters with the throw-away fun of a disposable camera.
Life & Style blogs
Jaguar confirms new F-Type will go on sale in 2013
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Google Goggles: 'Terminator' style glasses that could allow you to browse the internet
The capsule wardrobe: Fashion changes, these endure
Womb cancer deaths increase by 20 per cent
The 10 Best Sandals
One foot in the rave: middle-age drug use rising
The 10 Best landline phones
10 best download-only games
Sex and the modern girl: Are we witnessing a new age of female sexual assertiveness?
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
Ukip leader Nigel Farage boasts: We will hold balance of power at next general election, just as Nick Clegg did
Nigel Farage: Calling Ukip’s posters ‘racist’ is yet another example of shameful Westminster evasion
- 1 Joan Smith: Call off the search teams - the G-spot is a myth
- 2 Andreas Whittam Smith: Forget what sounds clever. Just run the country
- 3 Lineker blames £25,000-a-year school after son fails to make grade
- 4 Steve Richards: Cameron can't easily dismiss the toxic trail to Murdoch's bid
- 5 'Cuddle drug' may be the new Viagra
- 6 Robert Fisk: The Children of Fallujah - the hospital of horrors
- 7 Scientists say Turin Shroud is supernatural
- 8 Sleeping around: My moment of truth happened at university
- 9 French in uproar over oral sex anti-smoking posters
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£45000 - £52000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Technical Lead Digital, Media, ...
£21,000-£24,000: FDM Group: We are currently seeking a number of high-calibre...
£21,000-£24,000: FDM Group: We are currently seeking a number of high-calibre ...