Two arrested over mass iPad hacking
Tuesday 18 January 2011
Two men have been accused of stealing email addresses and other information from more than 100,000 Apple iPad users in the US.
Daniel Spitler and Andrew Auernheimer face charges of fraud and conspiracy to access a computer without authorisation.
Spitler is scheduled to appear in federal court in Newark, New Jersey today. Auernheimer is to appear before a federal judge in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Wi-fi provider AT&T acknowledged a security weak spot that exposed the email addresses of apparently more than 100,000 iPad users in June. The company said the vulnerability affected only people who signed up for its 3G wireless internet service.
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...