Regular favorites among the PC-playing masses, Call of Duty: Black Ops crowns the Steam chart, while Civilization V appears in both Steam and Direct2Drive best-seller lists on December 13.
Electronic Arts' Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is experiencing a renaissance following the release of four more free multiplayer environments in the lead up to a Vietnam-themed expansion later in the month.
Spooky survival game Amnesia did well thanks to a weekend deal, with the same sort of offer applying to the Broken Sword trilogy.
Europa Universalis III, discounted on Impulse, GamersGate and Direct2Drive, enjoyed most sales success on GamersGate, owned by the series' publisher Paradox Interactive.
The sale marked the debut of EUIII's most recent expansion, Divine Wind, which builds on the foundation of the original game and its previous three expansions.
Steam (steampowered.com - general gaming and own label)
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops
2) Amnesia: The Dark Descent
3) Sid Meier's Civilization V
4) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
5) Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Good Old Games (gog.com - classics)
1) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
2) Broken Sword: Director's Cut
3) Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
4) Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
5) Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
GamersGate (gamersgate.com - general gaming and own label)
1) Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
2) Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne
4) Europa Universalis III: Complete
5) Elven Legacy Collection
Impulse (impulsedriven.com - strategy specialists)
1) Elements: War of Magic
2) Acedemagia - The Making of Mages
3) Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
4) Shira Oka - Second Chances
5) Sins of a Solar Empire
Direct2Drive (direct2drive.com - general gaming)
1) Sid Meier's Civilization V
2) Civilization 4: The Complete Edition
3) The Stronghold Collection
4) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Data collected December 13
Steam chart based on revenue, not units.