Top iPhone apps for 2010: Facebook, Angry Birds
Sunday 26 December 2010
In 2010 social networking application Facebook gets the award for the most popular free iPhone application in the US and bird-catapulting game Angry Birds is the most popular paid application.
Analogue photography tool Hipstamatic gets the award for Apple's iPhone App of the Year and Zombie strategy game Plants vs. Zombies has been selected as Apple's iPhone App Game of the year.
The lite version of popular bird-catapulting game, Angry Birds Lite is the second most popular free application overall followed by Scrabble-like word game Word With Friends Free, VoIP calling application Skype and the third edition of the music game Tap Tap Revenge.
The list of top selling paid applications for 2010 is dominated by games with Doodle Jump - BE WARNED: Insanely Addictive!, Skee-Ball, Bejeweled 2 + Blitz and Fruit Ninja all making it into the top five overall winners in the US.
Apple has also released its list of top selling music and iPad apps, which can be found in the iTunes store under "Rewind 2010."
iPhone App of the Year: Hipstamatic ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hipstamatic/id342115564?mt=8
iPhone App Game of the Year: Plants vs. Zombies ($2.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plants-vs-zombies/id350642635?mt=8
Most popular free iPhone applications in the US for 2010:
- Facebook - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8
- Angry Birds Lite - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-lite/id354139923?mt=8
- Words With Friends Free - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/words-with-friends-free/id321916506?mt=8
- Skype - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skype/id304878510?mt=8
- Tap Tap Revenge 3 - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tap-tap-revenge-3/id326916014?mt=8
Most popular paid iPhone applications in the US for 2010:
- Angry Birds ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds/id343200656?mt=8
- Doodle Jump - BE WARNEDWARNED: Insanely Addictive! ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-jump-be-warned-insanely/id307727765?mt=8
- Skee-Ball ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skee-ball/id329902698?mt=8
- Bejeweled 2 + Blitz ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bejeweled-2-blitz/id284832142?mt=8
- Fruit Ninja ($0.99) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-ninja/id362949845?mt=8
For the full list of 2010's most popular iPhone Apps, including the most popular applications in each category in the App Store, head to the App section in iTunes and click on "Rewind 2010: iPhone Apps."
Happy app downloading!
iTunes Rewind 2010: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewFeature?id=408267572
Life & Style blogs
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...