Twitter index: tablet-themed haiku take over Twitter
Tuesday 12 April 2011
BlackBerry maker Research In Motion is encouraging Twitter users to create PlayBook-themed haiku for the chance to win a tablet with the number one topic on Twitter on the morning of April 12.
"iOS pop-ups suck // want true multitasking // Berry here I come," "apple has its minions, and/ RIM has faithful friends/ but damn Android always wins" and "Playbook in my hand? // I think that sounds like a plan. // Make my dream come true," tweet people trying to win the competition with their "#PlayBookHaiku."
"#itssadwhen" remains unchanged in second place and is joined by the hashtags "#itiswhatitis" and "#waitaminute" in third and fourth places.
WWE World Heavyweight champion "Adam Copeland" aka Edge has announced he will retire from wrestling, Twitterers are responding to Charlie Sheen's post "2:30 am Dunkin' Donuts Nothing better..!! Debate me!" and the news that "Rihanna & Britney" will collaborate on a song is still exciting young microbloggers.
"YMAN" is in eighth place and the name of English 'metalcore' band "Asking Alexandria" is in ninth position.
"Swaziland" is in tenth place as Twitterers post about the anti-government protests taking place in the Swaziland capital, Mbadane.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on April 12 at 7:30 AM GMT are:
- #PlayBookHaiku (promoted)
- #itssadwhen (unchanged)
- #itiswhatitis (new)
- #waitaminute (new)
- Adam Copeland (new)
- Dunkin' Donuts Nothing (new)
- Rihanna & Britney (unchanged)
- YMAN (new)
- Asking Alexandria (new)
- Swaziland (new)
Life & Style blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...
£35000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Develo...