Vevo, Warner Music, Machinima top US YouTube channels
Saturday 24 September 2011
Vevo, Warner Music and Machinima are the three most popular YouTube partner channels in the United States, according to a rankings released September 22 by digital market analysts comScore.
The "Comscore YouTube Partner Reporting" rankings are the first of a regular series of comparative analyses of YouTube partner channels to be released by the company.
According to the report, 180 million internet users in the United States watched online video content throughout August 2011.
The most popular YouTube partner channel in the United States, with 60.6 million of the 180 million unique viewers, was VEVO; Warner Music took second place with 30.9 million unique viewers, and gaming channel Machinima came in third place with 17.7 million viewers.
Data from social media monitoring company Famecount.com shows that the five YouTube channels with the largest number of subscribers, worldwide, are RayWilliamJohnson, nigahiga, Smosh, Machinima and Shane Dawson TV; all of these channels originate in the US, and with the exception of Machinima all are in the category of Comedy.
In terms of unique viewers in the United States, throughout August 2011 the top ten most popular YouTube partner channels, according to comScore, were:
01. Vevo @YouTube (60,558 unique viewers)
02. Warner Music @YouTube (30,929 unique viewers)
03. Machinima @YouTube (17,679 unique viewers)
04. Maker Studios @ YouTube (9,960 unique viewers)
05. Demand Media @YouTube (8,385 unique viewers)
06. Revision3 @YouTube (6,563 unique viewers)
07. Associated Press (AP) @ YouTube (5,696 unique viewers)
08. Clewertv @ YouTube (5,445 unique viewers)
09. FullScreen @YouTube (5,311 unique viewers)
10. IGN @YouTube (5,096 unique viewers)
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Controversy over Queen's 'first tweet' at London's Science Museum
Our gums are less healthy than Roman Britons', scientists claim
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior Software Engineer - C#, VB.N...