Vevo, Warner Music, Machinima top US YouTube channels
Saturday 24 September 2011
Vevo, Warner Music and Machinima are the three most popular YouTube partner channels in the United States, according to a rankings released September 22 by digital market analysts comScore.
The "Comscore YouTube Partner Reporting" rankings are the first of a regular series of comparative analyses of YouTube partner channels to be released by the company.
According to the report, 180 million internet users in the United States watched online video content throughout August 2011.
The most popular YouTube partner channel in the United States, with 60.6 million of the 180 million unique viewers, was VEVO; Warner Music took second place with 30.9 million unique viewers, and gaming channel Machinima came in third place with 17.7 million viewers.
Data from social media monitoring company Famecount.com shows that the five YouTube channels with the largest number of subscribers, worldwide, are RayWilliamJohnson, nigahiga, Smosh, Machinima and Shane Dawson TV; all of these channels originate in the US, and with the exception of Machinima all are in the category of Comedy.
In terms of unique viewers in the United States, throughout August 2011 the top ten most popular YouTube partner channels, according to comScore, were:
01. Vevo @YouTube (60,558 unique viewers)
02. Warner Music @YouTube (30,929 unique viewers)
03. Machinima @YouTube (17,679 unique viewers)
04. Maker Studios @ YouTube (9,960 unique viewers)
05. Demand Media @YouTube (8,385 unique viewers)
06. Revision3 @YouTube (6,563 unique viewers)
07. Associated Press (AP) @ YouTube (5,696 unique viewers)
08. Clewertv @ YouTube (5,445 unique viewers)
09. FullScreen @YouTube (5,311 unique viewers)
10. IGN @YouTube (5,096 unique viewers)
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£30000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: C# Developer A highly s...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A market leading software...