Vevo, Warner Music, Machinima top US YouTube channels
Saturday 24 September 2011
Vevo, Warner Music and Machinima are the three most popular YouTube partner channels in the United States, according to a rankings released September 22 by digital market analysts comScore.
The "Comscore YouTube Partner Reporting" rankings are the first of a regular series of comparative analyses of YouTube partner channels to be released by the company.
According to the report, 180 million internet users in the United States watched online video content throughout August 2011.
The most popular YouTube partner channel in the United States, with 60.6 million of the 180 million unique viewers, was VEVO; Warner Music took second place with 30.9 million unique viewers, and gaming channel Machinima came in third place with 17.7 million viewers.
Data from social media monitoring company Famecount.com shows that the five YouTube channels with the largest number of subscribers, worldwide, are RayWilliamJohnson, nigahiga, Smosh, Machinima and Shane Dawson TV; all of these channels originate in the US, and with the exception of Machinima all are in the category of Comedy.
In terms of unique viewers in the United States, throughout August 2011 the top ten most popular YouTube partner channels, according to comScore, were:
01. Vevo @YouTube (60,558 unique viewers)
02. Warner Music @YouTube (30,929 unique viewers)
03. Machinima @YouTube (17,679 unique viewers)
04. Maker Studios @ YouTube (9,960 unique viewers)
05. Demand Media @YouTube (8,385 unique viewers)
06. Revision3 @YouTube (6,563 unique viewers)
07. Associated Press (AP) @ YouTube (5,696 unique viewers)
08. Clewertv @ YouTube (5,445 unique viewers)
09. FullScreen @YouTube (5,311 unique viewers)
10. IGN @YouTube (5,096 unique viewers)
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Gadgets & Tech
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The leading provider of Employee Managem...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Kent based design consulta...
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking to work for an ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This role's responsibility also include operat...