Craig David to front campaign to wipe out TB
Thursday 25 March 2010
Singer Craig David is adding his voice to the global fight against TB after today being appointed goodwill ambassador for a campaign to wipe out the deadly disease.
The UK star - who has sold more than 13 million albums - was given the position by the Stop TB Partnership at an event at the United Nations HQ in New York to mark World TB Day.
He aims to raise awareness globally about the condition which kills nearly two million people annually.
David said: "Music is a universal language. I believe that through people's love of music we can increase knowledge and understanding and support people affected by TB.
"I hope that people who feel inspired by my music will also feel moved by what I have to say about TB."
The Seven Days singer travelled to Cape Town, South Africa, earlier this month to learn more about TB visiting affected communities.
"It was a life-changing experience for me to hear first-hand what it is like to live in a country where half a million people become ill with TB every year and meet people who are fighting hard and making progress every day," he said.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...