If you're travelling beware, it's a bit balmy out there
Tuesday 29 January 2013
Three passengers at London Bridge station were taken to hospital after they were thought to have a "mystery illness" but it turned out they were probably just wearing too many clothes in improving weather.
The station was closed because of Health Protection Authority guidance, which states that when three people are taken ill with an unknown cause, specialists must be called in.
Firefighters responded to what they thought was a "chemical incident". An Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the patients had been taken to hospital after complaining of feeling "unwell, dizzy, and hot". The temperature in London was 11C at the time.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...