If you're travelling beware, it's a bit balmy out there
Tuesday 29 January 2013
Three passengers at London Bridge station were taken to hospital after they were thought to have a "mystery illness" but it turned out they were probably just wearing too many clothes in improving weather.
The station was closed because of Health Protection Authority guidance, which states that when three people are taken ill with an unknown cause, specialists must be called in.
Firefighters responded to what they thought was a "chemical incident". An Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the patients had been taken to hospital after complaining of feeling "unwell, dizzy, and hot". The temperature in London was 11C at the time.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...