If you're travelling beware, it's a bit balmy out there
Tuesday 29 January 2013
Three passengers at London Bridge station were taken to hospital after they were thought to have a "mystery illness" but it turned out they were probably just wearing too many clothes in improving weather.
The station was closed because of Health Protection Authority guidance, which states that when three people are taken ill with an unknown cause, specialists must be called in.
Firefighters responded to what they thought was a "chemical incident". An Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the patients had been taken to hospital after complaining of feeling "unwell, dizzy, and hot". The temperature in London was 11C at the time.
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 4 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
- 5 Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview after being asked about possible sale of Manchester United target Sergio Ramos
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£12500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This accounting practice is looking for ...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...