In pictures: Hiroshima after the bomb dropped
Friday 05 August 2011
Saturday marks the 66th anniversary since the US dropped the first atomic bomb in the Japanese town of Hiroshima.
We've taken a look through the archives to bring you a few snapshots of the devastating consequences on that town in the immediate and long-term aftermath.
Click on the image to launch
Life & Style blogs
Imagination Quotient tests could lead to smartphone app that boosts your creativity
Ghosting: what to do if you've been a victim
Plus-size clothing: Top fashion brands are finally offering sizes and designs for the fuller-figured
Asexuality: when life isn't all about sex
Twitter deletes plagiarised jokes for 'copyright infringement'
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: £20000 - £25000 per annum + c...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a number ...
£15000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for an exci...