Is your dining room ready for Christmas entertaining?
Friday 23 November 2012
If you’re hosting Christmas dinner this year, make sure your
magnificent spread is given the
dining room furniture and décor it deserves.
Smartening up your dining room is an essential part of Christmas
preparations – and it’s best not to leave it to the last
Every Christmas feast deserves to be served on a beautifully laid out dining table with stylish, comfortable dining chairs. But if the thought of traipsing round furniture stores in the busy run up to Christmas leaves you as cold as leftover turkey, there is an alternative: ordering from a reliable online furniture supplier, such as Furniture Choice.
Shopping online means you can browse at leisure and choose your preferred style of dining room furniture from the comfort of your own home – without having to navigate hoards of Christmas shoppers or deal with pushy sales staff.
What to look for when ordering a dining set online
A good online furniture supplier will have an extensive range of dining room tables and dining chairs, along with an easy-to-navigate website with detailed product descriptions. It will also have an excellent customer service department to answer your queries and provide support once you’ve ordered your dining room furniture.
A good place to start is with the three Rs:
Range of choice By supplying direct from a central warehouse, Furniture Choice can offer a wider range of dining room furniture and pass the savings from low overheads on to the customer. With mix and match on all dining sets, you can choose any table with any set of chairs – and order additional dining chairs in sets of two.
Reliability Delivery from Furniture Choice is speedy, reliable and free to most of the UK: just choose your delivery date at checkout.
Reviews What are other people saying about the company? For peace of mind, check out reviews on Trust Pilot or eBay as well as the reviews on the company’s own website.
Paint the town – and your dining room
Your furniture has arrived, now it’s time to set the table – and the mood – by choosing your Christmas theme. Christmas is party season, but it’s also a good time to freshen up your dining room with a lick of paint or to update the décor with a striking feature wall. Here are some themes to choose from:
Warm and cosy
Paint the walls in rich, warm colours: deep reds, spicy oranges, bronzes and golds. Add some colourful tapestries or wall hangings and dress the table with red and gold candles.
Goes well with: a solid Indian sheesham wood dining table, with matching sideboard and red, cream or black leather chairs with high scrolled backrests.
The natural world
Choose earthy tones of mushroom or russet, or lighter shades such as cream or pale green for the walls. Dress for Christmas with red and forest green table linen, holly wreaths and bowls of nuts and berries.
Goes well with: a light-coloured solid-oak dining table, plus matching solid-oak dining chairs with slatted backs and ivory leather seat pads.
Smart and stylish
Contemporary cream, white or pale grey paint colours with a feature wall painted in a contrasting block colour or wallpapered with a bold contemporary design. Keep table décor simple and minimalist: white linen, slate table mats and Christmas decorations in two colours, such as purple and silver or black and gold.
Goes well with: ultra-modern white lacquered dining table and purple or lime-green faux leather dining chairs with chrome frame.
Finally, here are a few dos and don’ts of Christmas dining:
- Do order before Friday 14 December for guaranteed Christmas delivery. Because Furniture Choice keeps most items in stock, it can usually deliver within three to five days.
- Do choose hardwearing solid wood dining furniture – it will stand the test of time. Furniture Choice uses wood from managed plantations and its dining tables and chairs are British standards tested for strength and stability.
- Do remember to protect your new dining table from hot dishes by using table mats or metal trivets.
- Don’t skimp on dining table size – no one wants to be crammed up against a table leg. An extending dining table is a good option if you are expecting large numbers of family and friends to descend.
- Don’t risk granny getting the chair with the dodgy leg – invest in good quality dining chairs so that your guests are sitting comfortably.
- Don’t forget to order additional dining chairs for unexpected visitors.
We wish you a merry Christmas – and happy dining for the seasons to come!
With free delivery to most of the UK, Furniture Choice is now taking dining room furniture orders for delivery before Christmas (average three to five days). For more information, visit www.furniturechoice.co.uk or call the friendly team on Freephone 0800 035 0070.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENS: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Penet...