Fiat 500 'most vandalised car'
Small, stylish and kind to the environment, the Fiat 500 costs a fraction of the price of luxury saloons or off-road gas guzzlers. But the city car is also the most vandalised vehicle in Britain.
The hatchback, launched to huge acclaim in 2008, was the most targeted car by vandals in 2011/12, according to claims data issued by insurers swiftcover.com.
The Fiat 500 had a 3.62 per cent chance of becoming a victim of vandals, while the car that was the best-seller in the UK in 2011 – the Ford Focus – had only a 0.58 per cent chance.
The car with the second-highest chance of being a target of vandals was the sporty BMW Z4, at 2.97 per cent. Others which made the top 10 include the BMW X5, the Land Rover Range Rover, Volkswagen's Beetle and the Mini Cooper.
Life & Style blogs
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.