Win a sumptuous three-night stay at one of Austria's finest experience hotels
Monday 11 June 2012
Austria is a country famed for its beautiful cities, lovely countryside and a relaxed, healthy outlook on life, and it is more and more becoming the chosen location to break away from hectic lifestyles and get back in touch with nature.
If this sounds good to you, then you could be in luck. The Independent has teamed up with AUSTRIA'S FINEST Experience Hotels to give one lucky reader and a friend the chance to spend three nights half-board in the country, at the four-star Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl. The prize includes one experience or spa treatment per person.
Perched 1,930m above sea level and surrounded by towering 3,000m peaks, this luxurious hotel offers a wonderful mixture of breathtaking nature and pure relaxation with a cosy, welcoming atmosphere. It's in the perfect spot for hiking on summer holidays, with state-of-the-art facilities and plenty of activities.
This competition closes on 22 July 2012. The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
The four star Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl isn't the only high-class hotel that Austria boasts. We've selected a few of our favourite retreats below.
They are all in fantastic locations, perfect to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life, and to explore nature at its best. These resorts meet the highest international standards of quality, service and expertise. What sets them apart are personal touches and the tireless efforts of the staff to make your visit a personal experience to be remembered.
Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol (5*): Enjoy a warm Austrian welcome. Gourmets, best agers, golfers, hikers, winter sports enthusiasts and families will all love the luxurious Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol.
Biohotel Stanglwirt (5*): Eco-friendly living with an indulgent twist in unique surroundings. Biohotel Stanglwirt suits families, couples, tennis players, equestrians, golfers, skiers and gourmets.
Im Weissen Rössl (5*): Picture-book elegance, tradition and modern design. Straight from the set of "The Sound of Music", couples, walkers and families will love the romantic Weisse Rössl on the banks of Lake Wolfgang in the Salzkammergut.
Hotel Wiesenhof (4*): Come as a guest and leave as a friend. Situated by beautiful Lake Achensee, Hotel Wiesenhof is ideal for watersport enthusiasts, herbal remedy fans, spa goers, sociable spirits and health fanatics.
Hotel Hollmann Beletage (4*): A perfect starting point for Viennese excursions. This contemporary, unconventional, yet elegantly styled boutique hotel is set amidst historical buildings directly in the heart of Vienna.
Naturhotel Chesa Valisa (4*): Organic cuisine and award-winning architecture. Naturhotel Chesa Valisa in Kleinwalsertal is a warm and welcoming Alpine retreat, perfect for couples, families, hikers, spa seekers, gourmets and sociable spirits.
Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl (4*): Picture-book scenery combined with elegance, tradition and rustic design awaits nature lovers, couples, hikers, skiers and families at Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Independent and The Austrian National Tourist Office, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted via www.austria.info/experience and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of dispatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a SAE to The Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3 HF, between 29.July 2012 and 30. August 2012.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 22 July 2012.
- The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the prize draw. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner; however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable period, an alternative winner will be chosen. If the winner of the draw is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- One entrant will win a three-night break for two at the 4* Edelweiss & Gurgl in Obergurgl, Austria. This includes half board and either 1 complimentary experience or spa treatment per person. The price further includes economy flights from Greater London as well as transfers from and to the Austrian airport and to and from the hotel. The prize and transfer must be booked by the Austrian National Tourist Office by 31 January 2013 and all travel must be completed by 1 March 2013.
- The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
- The prize is available until the stated date only and is subject to availability and submitting a correct answer. It is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity and in line may be requested to give feedback on their travel experience.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result there of.
- The Independent is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw on The Independent website. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Austrian National Tourist Office.
- Promoter: Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3HF.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 will function as 'mobile wallet' following Apple deal with Visa - reports
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Maths teachers requir...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Executive Assistant/Event...
£23760 - £33600 per annum + pre 12 week AWR : Randstad Education Manchester Se...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: The JobAre you a trai...