Win a sumptuous three-night stay at one of Austria's finest experience hotels
Monday 11 June 2012
Austria is a country famed for its beautiful cities, lovely countryside and a relaxed, healthy outlook on life, and it is more and more becoming the chosen location to break away from hectic lifestyles and get back in touch with nature.
If this sounds good to you, then you could be in luck. The Independent has teamed up with AUSTRIA'S FINEST Experience Hotels to give one lucky reader and a friend the chance to spend three nights half-board in the country, at the four-star Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl. The prize includes one experience or spa treatment per person.
Perched 1,930m above sea level and surrounded by towering 3,000m peaks, this luxurious hotel offers a wonderful mixture of breathtaking nature and pure relaxation with a cosy, welcoming atmosphere. It's in the perfect spot for hiking on summer holidays, with state-of-the-art facilities and plenty of activities.
This competition closes on 22 July 2012. The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
The four star Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl isn't the only high-class hotel that Austria boasts. We've selected a few of our favourite retreats below.
They are all in fantastic locations, perfect to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life, and to explore nature at its best. These resorts meet the highest international standards of quality, service and expertise. What sets them apart are personal touches and the tireless efforts of the staff to make your visit a personal experience to be remembered.
Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol (5*): Enjoy a warm Austrian welcome. Gourmets, best agers, golfers, hikers, winter sports enthusiasts and families will all love the luxurious Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol.
Biohotel Stanglwirt (5*): Eco-friendly living with an indulgent twist in unique surroundings. Biohotel Stanglwirt suits families, couples, tennis players, equestrians, golfers, skiers and gourmets.
Im Weissen Rössl (5*): Picture-book elegance, tradition and modern design. Straight from the set of "The Sound of Music", couples, walkers and families will love the romantic Weisse Rössl on the banks of Lake Wolfgang in the Salzkammergut.
Hotel Wiesenhof (4*): Come as a guest and leave as a friend. Situated by beautiful Lake Achensee, Hotel Wiesenhof is ideal for watersport enthusiasts, herbal remedy fans, spa goers, sociable spirits and health fanatics.
Hotel Hollmann Beletage (4*): A perfect starting point for Viennese excursions. This contemporary, unconventional, yet elegantly styled boutique hotel is set amidst historical buildings directly in the heart of Vienna.
Naturhotel Chesa Valisa (4*): Organic cuisine and award-winning architecture. Naturhotel Chesa Valisa in Kleinwalsertal is a warm and welcoming Alpine retreat, perfect for couples, families, hikers, spa seekers, gourmets and sociable spirits.
Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl (4*): Picture-book scenery combined with elegance, tradition and rustic design awaits nature lovers, couples, hikers, skiers and families at Hotel Edelweiss & Gurgl.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Independent and The Austrian National Tourist Office, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted via www.austria.info/experience and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of dispatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a SAE to The Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3 HF, between 29.July 2012 and 30. August 2012.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 22 July 2012.
- The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the prize draw. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner; however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable period, an alternative winner will be chosen. If the winner of the draw is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- One entrant will win a three-night break for two at the 4* Edelweiss & Gurgl in Obergurgl, Austria. This includes half board and either 1 complimentary experience or spa treatment per person. The price further includes economy flights from Greater London as well as transfers from and to the Austrian airport and to and from the hotel. The prize and transfer must be booked by the Austrian National Tourist Office by 31 January 2013 and all travel must be completed by 1 March 2013.
- The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
- The prize is available until the stated date only and is subject to availability and submitting a correct answer. It is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity and in line may be requested to give feedback on their travel experience.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result there of.
- The Independent is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw on The Independent website. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Austrian National Tourist Office.
- Promoter: Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3HF.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...