Chris Brown has claimed he “didn’t do nothing” in a bizarre video rant posted after he was stopped from leaving the Philippines amid a dispute over a missed concert.
Brown was due to leave the capital of Manila on Wednesday morning for a performance in Hong Kong, but his private jet was delayed in leaving by airport officials.
The singer posted a video on his Instagram in the early hours of Thursday morning appearing to show him surrounded by snacks, cans of soft drinks and people in a hotel room.
The video shows him saying: “Can somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on? I don’t know. I’m reading headline after headline. What the f**k? What the f**k is going on?” It has since been deleted from his account.
In a second video, he joked about walking through customs and throwing himself on the ground while shouting, “Sir I didn’t do nothing!” before breakdancing.
The 26-year-old also announced his concert in Jakarta would be rescheduled on his Twitter page, citing safety concerns.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) issued an Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO) against Brown following requests from the Christian group Iglesia ni Cristo (INC), according to the state-run Philippines News Agency.
It said a complaint had been raised by the INC against the singer and his promoter after he allegedly failed to appear at a concert at the Philippine Arena in Bocaue, in Manila, on 31 December.
The immigration bureau said Brown would only be stopped from leaving if the DoJ raised objections to his departure. Bureau of Immigration spokeswoman Elaine Tan told the Associated Press: "If the concerned agency raises no objection to the departure, then we will allow the subject to leave."
A spokesperson for Brown told The Independent the incident was a “misunderstanding” and said he will fly out to Hong Kong today.Reuse content