Paramedics fought to revive the boy, but he was taken to Newcastle General Hospital where he was pronounced dead. His parents were told that their son would have died in minutes because of the airtight seal.
A spokesman for Northumbria police said yesterday that there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death last Saturday afternoon. "A post mortem found he died from asphyxiation. He was not in there for any great length of time."
Tony Hutchinson, 29, described his son as "a lovely little lad... I don't feel like I have lost just a son, I feel I have lost my best mate too. He was such an intelligent little boy. He could hold his own in any conversationReuse content