Ben Chu: European meal ticket
Outlook Jyrki Katainen must have been hungry today. The Finnish Prime Minister, when asked by journalists in Brussels about Britain's future in the European Union, couldn't stop reaching for food analogies. The EU without Britain, he said, would be like "fish without chips". However, Mr Katainen also warned us that Britannia can't expect to "pick the raisins from the bun" in negotiations with its European partners.
What he perhaps doesn't appreciate is that a majority of Conservative MPs now regard this country's relations with Europe as a British beef burger adulterated by continental horse meat.
And thanks to David Cameron's imminent referendum promise these zealots have the bit more firmly between their teeth than ever.
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...