Iceland's father and son team
Friday 26 April 1996
The quandary arises because both the father, Arnor Gudjohnsen, 35, and his son Eidur-Smari, 17, played in Iceland's 3-0 friendly win over Estonia in Tallinn, but Eidur-Smari came on as a 62nd-minute substitute for his father.
Ray Spiller, of the British-based Association of Football Statisticians, said: "We're not sure how to clarify this one. They played in the same team but not together, so in a sense they made history and in another they didn't. I just hope they play in the same team at the same time in Iceland's next match."
A spokeswoman for the Icelandic FA said: "Arnor gave his son a hug and a kiss and wished him good luck when he replaced him. They thought it was fine, but the media were not too happy."
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £23250 Per Annum pro rata: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pro rata ...
£40 - 48k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join...
£45,000 - £65,000: Saxton Leigh: Our client is a well-known APAC Corporate and...
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...