Alibaba expected to file US IPO next week
Wednesday 16 April 2014
Chinese internet giant Alibaba looks set to float next week in the US, in what is expected to be the biggest initial public offering since Facebook.
E-commerce giant Alibaba, which offers services similar to Amazon, eBay and PayPal, is expected to file its prospectus with US regulators as soon as Monday, paving the way for a stock market listing this summer that could value the company at up to $200 billion (£120 billion).
Alibaba is expected to raise around $15 billion from the float, just short of what Facebook raised in 2012.
It comes as Yahoo’s fourth-quarter results revealed surging profits at Alibaba. The Hangzhou-based company does not publish its own financial results but Yahoo owns a 24% stake in Alibaba and discloses some of the company’s figures.
Alibaba’s revenue jumped 66% to nearly $3.1 billion in the last three months, while profit more than doubled from a year earlier to $1.4 billion.
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has arisen within th...
£50000 - £63000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / D...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Su...
£50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Services - The C...