Alibaba expected to file US IPO next week
Wednesday 16 April 2014
Chinese internet giant Alibaba looks set to float next week in the US, in what is expected to be the biggest initial public offering since Facebook.
E-commerce giant Alibaba, which offers services similar to Amazon, eBay and PayPal, is expected to file its prospectus with US regulators as soon as Monday, paving the way for a stock market listing this summer that could value the company at up to $200 billion (£120 billion).
Alibaba is expected to raise around $15 billion from the float, just short of what Facebook raised in 2012.
It comes as Yahoo’s fourth-quarter results revealed surging profits at Alibaba. The Hangzhou-based company does not publish its own financial results but Yahoo owns a 24% stake in Alibaba and discloses some of the company’s figures.
Alibaba’s revenue jumped 66% to nearly $3.1 billion in the last three months, while profit more than doubled from a year earlier to $1.4 billion.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: The SThree group is a world lea...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000 first year: SThree: The SThree group i...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...