Staff at Sainsbury's share £90m
Friday 10 May 2013
Sainsbury's has paid its staff a record bonus after the grocer celebrated growing annual profits and hit its highest market share for a decade.
The supermarket's 134,000 employees will share a bonus pot of £90m – up £30m from last year. Its chief executive, Justin King, said: "The success is down to the hard work and commitment of colleagues across the business."
Sainsbury's posted a 6.2 per cent leap in underlying profits to £756m over the year to mid-March as its market share reached 16.8 per cent.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...