Timetable for Zeneca demerger spelled out
Friday 26 February 1993
Proposals for the demerger of Zeneca will be put to ICI shareholders at an extraordinary meeting to be held in late May.
The main proposals are:
ICI shareholders receive one share in Zeneca for each ICI share held at the date of the egm.
Zeneca will raise pounds 1.3bn by an underwritten rights issue, which will be used to reduce Zeneca's debt to ICI.
Both the demerger and the rights issue of Zeneca shares will take place in June.
Dealings in fully paid Zeneca shares and nil paid rights to begin in early June.
ICI and Zeneca intend, in the absence of unforeseen circumstances, to pay dividends in 1993 of not less than 27.5p each.
Sir Denys Henderson to be chairman of both ICI and Zeneca.
Ronnie Hampel, currently chief operating officer, will be chief executive and deputy chairman of ICI; David Barnes, an ICI director since 1986, will be chief executive of Zeneca.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...